Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

10 Things This Week: 911 Edition

1. Republicans always say that Bush protected us after 9/11. But why didn't he protect us on 9/11?

2. Today commemorates the 11th year of Dick Cheney politicizing 9/11. 

3. Bushnesia is a disease that's spreading. Don't believe me? Head out to a Texas Rangers playoff game. 

4. I remember 9/11 very well. I also remember those who used the collected sadness of a nation to exact revenge beyond what was necessary.

5. I was getting ready for class when a plane hit the South tower. I stayed home and watched in horror as the second plane came in. When the North tower fell, I remember thinking it looked like a professional demolition crew had planned the collapse. You know the kind you use to raze old buildings and sports arenas. Tom Brokaw agreed with me as he echoed my sentiments.

6. Since Obama took office, there are no more planes flying into buildings. Eleven years later, the nation paused to reflect, lead by the great president.

7. The first book donated to the George W. Bush Presidential Library: My Pet Goat.

8. Following 911, the Bush administration started a war with Iraq that cost 100's of thousands of lives. They started a war predicated on a lie that Hussein had WMDs.

9. Towards the end of his presidency, GWBush said, "I don't know or care where Bin Laden is."

10.  President Obama and Navy Seals give the order to take Bin Laden out. Another promise kept.


No comments:

Post a Comment