Wednesday, July 13, 2011
The last time Obama told Republicans to grow up, he got the following response from the Pride of Texas, John Cornyn. Our senator's little pussy outburst made Cenk Uygur's Con Job of the Day.
I can't wait to see Cornyn's head explode again.
Update: Mitch McConnell blinks -- and gets reamed for it --
I've said many times that it'll be a cold day in hell before you see another Texan in the White House. The reasons are plain and simple. George W Bush, Rick Perry, and hypocrites like John Cornyn are setting Texas back a hundred years. Hindering the progress of a society may go unnoticed in Texas, but the rest of the world sees the lack of leadership, the failures and the deception.
By the way, all you Ron Paul supporters can give it up as well. No matter how much sense he may make to you, last time I checked, he was from Texas... He has about as much chance of winning as Dennis Kucinich. The military industrial complex would never allow it. When will Texas voters learn the truth about a super majority system who's failed miserably? When will they take action to right this ship? Texas Leadership=oxymoron
Monday, July 11, 2011
The Texas Progressive Alliance salutes the US Women's National Team in their quest for the World Cup as it brings you this week's roundup.
- Refinish69 has a Texas Update! We Are In A Severe Drought Situation! ACT LIKE IT STUPID!!!!!>. He also has a message for the young people out there. It Does Get Better.
- Lightseeker takes us on a quick tour of the Perry prayer tactic over the last 10 years to make a point: when you discuss his upcoming Prayer Summit, don't fall into the trap of yelling "church and state", at least not only and not first. Check it out: Talking Back to Perry's Prayer Summit.
- Bay Area Houston has the scoop on The Groundrules for Rick Perry's "The Response".
- The Three Stooges -- Susan Combs, Todd Staples, and Jerry Patterson -- staged an eye-poking, face-slapping, hair-pulling pie fight as the Battle for Texas Lieutenant Governor in 2014 broke out early. PDiddie at Brains and Eggs reports from the front lines.
- WCNews at Eye On Williamson tells us that as long as the same people keep showing up to vote nothing is going to change, The electorate must change, before change can come to Texas.
- Off the Kuff looks at the opening arguments of the lawsuit over the sonogram bill, which didn't go in the direction people expected it to go.
- This week on Left of College Station, Teddy returns after taking a hiatus from blogging to take a look at Governor Rick Perry's far right radical social conservative appointment to the Texas State Board of Education.
- Neil at Texas Liberal wrote about two books of New Deal Era Texas art that show Texans working together and respecting the land. This stands in sharp contrast to the current reality of Texas where greed, anger at people who are different, and exploiting public resources with no concern for the future are the order of the day. There are resources out there---in addition to your imagination and hard work---that offer Texans a path to a more hopeful way of everyday living.
- CouldBeTrue of South Texas Chisme wants to know why Bexar County DA Susan Reed didn't get any grief over denying a Mexican national consulate support in a death penalty case.