Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 12, 2012

No Bad Days

One of my most prized possessions is my passport. I grew up the child of a travel agent, I learned early on the enrichment that travel brings and the wonderment of adventure abroad.
Even here in our own country, visiting the different states can be quite the experience.
Some of the best places to visit are the ones you'd least expect.
Like the sleepy little fishing village at the southernmost tip of the Baja Peninsula 
called Cabo San Lucas.

The people of Cabo have a saying, "No Bad Days" and its true, there are few, if any bad days in this place.
 

A 2 hour and 20 minute flight from DFW, Cabo has something for everyone looking to rest and play.
I've played it's golf, fished its waters, and swam its shores, but the best thing to do in Cabo is get to know its people, sample their fine drinks and even finer cuisine.

I believe that traveling for work and personal relaxation is one of the greatest luxuries on earth. And I hope that more people can experience it. According to the U.S. Travel Association, only 30% of Americans have passports today. More than half of Americans' international trips are to Mexico and Canada.

I also like visiting our NAFTA partners and border siblings. But traveling to even more far-flung places has fulfilled me personally, and I think America should prioritize travel early in its citizens' lives: Service trips for teens during summer vacations would be one way to do that.
Keep exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment