Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Take Me To The Woodshed

Chef Tim Love knows how to set a mood with his cowboy recipes and themed eateries.
Wearing his signature cowboy hat with an apron, he stands over several outdoor smokers and concocts his  rare menu items at his newest venture called, The Woodshed.

Nestled off Riverfront Dr., The Woodshed is a backyard BBQ joint (that means no air-conditioning) with the smell of a variety of smoky woods in the air that will get your senses right.
 (Mesquite, Hickory, Oak, Pecan)

I sat at the bar under a bigassfan and sampled some of the local beers whilst I decided which "Animal" of-the-day I would be devouring.  I tell u what: I could have ordered anything on this menu and been satisfied, this place is about as progressive as Texas Cuisine gets.

The barkeep assured me the Woodshed Burger was a hit, he was right on.

Woodshed burger, chopped beef, rabbit-rattlesnake sausage and smoked cheddar.


I was able to sample a trio of delights as this burger is smoked to order, topped with chopped BBQ beef, the sausage of-the-day, and smoked cheddar.
Oh yes, Mr. Love, this is the beginning of a good friendship...

Some notables for my future visits include: Marta's fresh tortillas and camp bread with pit-master fat, Bulgogi Beef with house Kimchi, and finally, a Smoked Redfish Enpapillote with seasonal veggies.

If you want to experience Texas, then this place is for you. This is how we do it. 

Wood. Fire. Smoke. Dead Animal.
Good people and good ambiance.
That's all you really need.

And what's not to Love about Tim?
I mean really, he dreams big, 
big as Texas, and he's been doing it for years in his Ft. Worth restaurants... 
Check out his other places, too: Lonesome Dove and Love Shack. Your visit won't be disappointing.
I tell u what...Next time I'm in Ft. Worth, take me to the Woodshed.


No comments:

Post a Comment