Total Pageviews

Monday, August 8, 2011

Intoxicating Apes

                 Caeser begins to realize he's got a box-office smash on his paws...

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is a story about humanity.
Unlike most films today, it's well written, acted and directed.
I wrestled with the fact that I became so enthralled with a protagonist who was a computer generated ape (and you will too...).
As a youth, I was a huge fan of the Apes. I did follow the movies with Charlton Heston and I've revisited the story many times throughout the years. When Tim Burton put his "damn dirty paws" on it with a remake starring Mark Walberg, I was less than impressed... Make no mistake, this Ape Film is very, very different...
The story's lead character, Caesar,  transforms before your eyes into intelligent, thoughtful creature. At the same time we see a Father/Son try to do the right thing in an environment that shows the darker side of a greed-filled human condition. Without giving too much away, John Lithgow steals the show as James Franco's Father who's struggling with Alzheimer's. I'll just say go see for yourself. Lots going on here...

No comments:

Post a Comment